We get it. Being a new pet parent is confusing and overwhelming! You might have friends telling you pet insurance is a must-have, especially puppy insurance for your new furbaby. Meanwhile other friends are telling you it’s a rip-off. You may have heard that pet wellness plans are all you need. So which is it? What do you actually need to provide the best for your pet? If you’re like us, you’re probably spending a few hours researching this.
We went through this as pet parents ourselves.. The bottom line is that a one-size-fits-all option may not be right for you. Depending on your pet’s age, their overall health, and the cost of care where you live, you may need a customized pet wellness or insurance plan that fits you and your pet’s needs. . Let’s dig in.
What Are Pet Wellness Plans and Pet Health Insurance Plans?
- All pet health insurance companies will offer some form of pet insurance , but not everyone provides pet wellness coverage.
- With the exception of Wagmo, other pet insurance companies with wellness add-ons will require you to buy an insurance plan to get wellness protection. Wagmo is the only à-la-carte option (more on that later).
- Not all pet wellness plans are created equal. Reimbursement amounts and categories vary by provider.
- Not all insurance plans are created equal.overage, pricing, and customer experience can vary widely.
- Wagmo offers both wellness and insurance, and we let you mix and match as you like!
Wagmo Pet Insurance Versus Wagmo Pet Wellness
Let’s break down some key differences between Wagmo’s Pet Insurance and Pet Wellness plans.
Wagmo Pet Wellness Plans vs. Pet Insurance Plan coverage
Pet health insurance doesn’t cover exam fees, vaccines, routine blood work and tests, grooming, or flea, tick, and heartworm prevention. However, chances are you’ll spend hundreds, if not thousands, for these everyday essentials for your pet. If you’re looking for help paying for this stuff, a pet wellness plan is your jam.
Pet insurance covers accidents, illnesses, surgeries, cancer treatment, prescription medications, and more. These bigger-ticket items come up less frequently but can be financially debilitating. If you’re looking to protect against these, you’ll want a true pet insurance plan.
If you want coverage for all of the above, or as we like to call it, “nose to tail coverage,” get both! Want some help deciding? Wagmo Pet Wellness plans start at $20/month, Pet Insurance plans start at $13/month. Mix and match to build your perfect pet package. Take our pet coverage quiz and we’ll direct you to the right combination of products for your pet.
We hope this helps you understand the difference between traditional pet health insurance and pet wellness plans. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or slide into our DMs. And remember, you can always add on an insurance plan at a later date!
*Please note: Wagmo Insurance is not yet available in all fifty states.*